Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Intro To New Blog


So Many Humans Not Enough Rights

Posted by: wmanosh on Aug. 11, 2009

As I gaze around our planet at a population over 6 billion and counting, I wonder to myself why we as a people can not and will not cease to stop treating our citizens with what I will deem "humaneness" less than that of a disgusting roach crushed! under the bottom of our shoe in some cases........!This not unique to any Geo-political arena or society, or nation state and applies universally(no country is left out of this analysis. Cultural relativism (which I will explain with much more detail), at least for now, I will not accept as a term or an excuse for human rights abuses in any exception/case.

So, who will be the first to debate or propose a solution or a remedy for this nation- state, global, universal, problem of national sovereignty (I am a nation so I can do as I please), decolonization(I am a new nation so I can do as I please but I need help) and of course democratization( I am a new nation but if I am to get money I need to be a democracy) issue? Then we have globalization theories flying around like mosquitoes for us to try and sift through like sand with no easy answers forthcoming so what is one supposed to do? It is like shoveling sand in to the ocean, you cant fill the ocean with sand right? So , how can we answer these questions....


Is the problems we are having with human rights globally a matter of cultural relativism, or some other matter that cannot be explained just simply call them human rights abusers, bad people so punish them right? Makes sense? Well yes, we have to have universal standards for lawbreakers that is why we have the United Nations, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and other International legislation and enforcement machinery.

There is still that contention by state sovereigns(leaders) that you kind of do have to pay attention to if you are listening......this notion of cultural relativism. This is what this blog is all about. I intend to look at human rights abuse countries, there particular cultures, some of there history, and see how they can wind up abusing there people in the name of there culture. I invite and encourage you to comment me on this blog. I hope you find it interesting. I hope you disagree and maybe agree or both!

William

No comments: